Friday 10 February 2012

Miranda Quotes


Well hello my old chums, what a veritable thrill to see you all again, especially you... cheeky! You, coming in with your cup of tea, you're late! I mean obviously I can't see you but if you were coming in with a cup of tea then spooky slash exciting moment!

I am what I call a Miranda fanatic so welcome to my post featuring some of my what I call favourite quotes from the TV BBC Sitcom: Miranda starring Miranda Hart, Patricia Hodge, Tom Ellis, Sarah Hadland, James Holmes and Sally Phillips. I have tried looking online and can't find anywhere concrete for Miranda quotes so thought I would create a post for the best, such fun! Bear with, bear with!


“I just saw Gary; I told him I was an Olympic gymnast.”

“This is not a hoover being a man.”

“Miranda, don’t run in the corridor. It’s a gallop miss, I think all business men should do it and one day I hope to tell the nation via a TV show.”

“Bear with, bear with.”

“Such fun! Oo a double”

“Thrust!”

“The queen of all words, Moist, the king of all words, Plinth, imagine a moist plinth… Bottom!”

“Get me a skinny frappaccino, I’ve no idea what that is, I'd like to think you’d be presented with a tiny Italian man.”

“Oh I’m so sorry I think it thinks your toddlers a pheasant.”

“There’s a massive goat in my sitting room…Ghosts, I said Ghosts, Who has any strong opinions on goats?!”

“Excuse me… nut bush.”

“Being an idiot are we, slapping me are we?”

“Wearing our coat from Gap for kids are we?”

“I look like I’ve had a chiffon based anaphylactic shock.”

“I’m on a bit of a high actually.”, “Oo cool what have you taken?” “Pavlova…”

“I think you’ll find, I have chosen the superior animal”

“Cold bed dance!”

“Oh, you’ve got nice plums, as it very much were, aren’t I naughty…”

“How many times, being flashed at does not constitute a relationship!”

“If you’re going to eat, eat some fruit!” “Fatist”

“Where’s the chocolate?! Eaten on first day of purchase!”

“I haven’t got excited yet… But I am sure it will hit me at any moment…”

*Breast clap*… “What was that?”, “It was a duck quacking.”, “A duck?”, “Quacking, yes…”

"Oh good lord that's moist"

"What have you done today to make you feel proud?"

"I don't want to be friends with someone who jogs, go and have a burger!"

"A savoury muffin?! Life is full of enough disappointments Gary!"

"The other day I weighed my breasts to see how much they'd cost to post. Too heavy to go second class, if you know what I mean?!" 


"It was panning!"

"Do you hear what I'm saying?" "Well I do yes in that I'm not deaf..."

"Sue-perb... superb! how is that not funny?!"

"Have you ever walked past this meeting room and flashed during an important meeting, and if not, why not?"

"She wouldn't confiscate Christmas would she? I mean all the food and the pressies and the food and the music and the food... food and the fires and the food... food, and the food..."

"A sugar-free beetroot cake?! What next, a pea and ham sponge?!"

"I smell fat people"

"My name is dick twist." "Dick twist?!...Why not?"

"Time at current address...11.30"

"I am a one woman fiesta, imagine me with a Brazilian. Forget I said that!"

"Obese destitute. Can't write that in my newsletter can I?"

"Can you project for me profit and loss?" "PROFIT AND LOSS!"

"If you ever feel like a cake, stop yourself, have a carrot..."



"Ahhh, It's Friday night, we're in our thirties and we're having some sort of curry exam! PUT IT DOWN!"

"If only we were peacocks. He'd flash his feathers, I'd assume the position, we'd know where we were"

"If I jogged braless it would look like I was smuggling ferrets in my armpits..."

"One time i got a phone call, someone said Miranda, i said yes, he said we've got your curtains, I thought weird, what curtains?... It was a wrong number, they weren't MY curtains. They were someone else's curtains!"

"Can you stop bopping? We're shopping, not bopping!"

"When I was little I always wanted to be a piece of popcorn"

"On the farm he had a dolphin... with a keeeegh here and a click click there"

"Oh you do need the paper on the couch! I presumed it was origami  hence the origami pants slash nappy. Has anyone ever done you a swan or?...no, you're the first person who's done origami... ohhh, it's a happy day for us both then isn't it?!"

"This is absolutely fabilosibisibos"

"No need to get emotional, we're not spanish"

"This is Rupert. Oh please, call me the bear!"

"Marvolissimussolini!"

"Excuse me but our family is not fisdunctional!"

"I'm such a dweeby blurter"

"Only 3 more km to go, then you'll be halfway across the channel!...I think I'll just get the ferry."

"Want a biscuit?... MINE!!"

So...what's your favourite Miranda quote? SUCH FUN!

34 comments:

  1. Bucket full of soz!

    ReplyDelete
  2. the other day i weighed my breast's to see how much they'd cost to post. too much for 2nd delievry if you get what i mean

    ReplyDelete
  3. question, tell me what you think about me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. funny!!! LOL!!! we <3 miranda hart!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is absoloutly FABILOSIBISIBOS

    ReplyDelete
  6. A savoury muffin?! Life is full of enough disappointment, Gary!

    ReplyDelete
  7. NO NEED TO GET EMOTIONAL, WE'RE NOT SPANISH
    DONT GET EMOTIONAL, WE'RE BRITISH, SOBRE AND NOBODY IS GOING TO PRISON
    THIS IS RUPERT; OH PLEASE, CALL ME THE BEAR

    ReplyDelete
  8. Marvolissimussolini!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sue...Perb = superb!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Excuse me but our family is not fisdunctional!

    ReplyDelete
  11. (Miranda is on a rowing machine)
    Trainer: "Only 3 more km then you'll be halfway accross the channel!"
    Miranda: "I think I'll just get the ferry"

    ReplyDelete
  12. Want a biscuit... MINE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. do you hear what i'm saying? well yes I do and that im not deaf!! I love miranda

    ReplyDelete
  14. " The other day I weighed my breasts to see how much they'd cost to post. Too heavy to go second class, if you know what I mean?!"

    I love this quote so much, and i love every single one of the episodes...the book is just as hilarious 'my dear reader chum'. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. "The two women *quietly* ..next door... *shouts* LESBIANS!"

    ReplyDelete
  16. Someone please marry my daughter, I'm not asking for money, I'm literally giving her away

    ReplyDelete
  17. He! So he's male, dead and my relative

    ReplyDelete
  18. Find out where the eats are coming from; intercept them: stash them.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Geriatric screaming dominos

    ReplyDelete
  20. (Yorkshire accent) No turns out I'm from der, the minute I 'ear Yorkshire the accent just comes flooding back

    ReplyDelete
  21. I presume you are kiddingtons!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Black Ice - Absolute Deathtrap

    ReplyDelete
  23. I haven't done that kind of panic buy since labour won the election in '97

    ReplyDelete
  24. No naked hide and seek

    ReplyDelete
  25. Yes me too, and bacon, egg sausage, beans, French toast, hash browns, muffin, tea and two sugars!

    ReplyDelete
  26. nice undulations

    ReplyDelete
  27. I'm playing a round of golf, its funny because I'm not

    ReplyDelete
  28. BISCUIT BLIZZARD!! what I call such fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Someone's let the cat out the bahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  30. what have you done today to make you feel proud

    ReplyDelete